Thursday, August 27, 2026

GenCon: D&D to get back to it's roots...

Like all grognards, I was lied to by WotC at GenCon this year.  They trotted out a bunch of mid-late stage TSR faces and Joe Mangin-eieio.  And on this farm they said Dark Sun was coming back, eieio.  But it was obviously a smoke screen play for my wallet.  My wallet is not that easy to obtain.  You're gonna have to do better than a 2 minute gore-porn trailer starring an incredibly masculine woman.  

Shortly after I hear Dark Sun won't have slavery and they're actually going to amp UP the "sensitivity readers" for the edition, proving they are stupid retarded idiots and not merely one or two of those descriptors.  Dark Sun is hilarious in it's shunned nature, as it is an incredibly liberally-minded dystopian setting.  With emphasis on a world ruined by ignoring environmentalism and late-stage capitalism.  It is hilarious that they want to soften the dystopia.  That would be like having a Bioshock game and want to soften it's capitalist dystopia.  The point, you stupid retarded idiots, is that the world is fucked because of the goddamn things you goddamn despise.  

Normally I would belabor this for a few more paragraphs of pissing in these morons faces but frankly they've gone beyond the pale.  This is a "there are no words" moment.  We're in "dumber than a second coat of paint" territory.

So they decided to put out a survey.  And I decided to respond honestly.  They gave me 200 words.  I figured maybe I could fix their entire fucking company in 200 words.  I probably could have done it in less.  Here goes:


I feel bad about the misspellings in retrospect, but I was typing from the heart in a stream of consciousness and don't expect a human will ever read it.  This would put the entire game well on it's way to not sucking ass anymore.  We might even see it's soul come back, if followed to the letter.  But of course, nobody will ever read it but me.  Because these fucking surveys are fake, too.  They only read those who rate them highly, don't actually play RPGs, just watch Critical Role and buy RPGs to put on their shelf forever.  This has become a collector's hobby in the absolute worst way.  Books nobody reads adorning shelves nobody looks at, waiting for their owners to die to be shunted into a market full of garbage nobody wants to buy.  My old books have value, my new books are worth jack and shit and always will be.